Thursday 23 October 2014

GELLI PRINTS

The Burlington Fibre Arts group got together last week for an evening of Surface Decoration.  I couldn't make it to the meeting, but did a bit of work at home.  Using a Gelli Arts gel printing plate and Joan Bess's book Gelli Plate Printing, I was well on my way.

I started using black cotton.  


A dried fern leaf was used to give a mask of the leaf's shape.


The leaf was removed and a ghost print was pulled.


The painted fern leaf was then applied to pieces that had already been printed and dried, giving an added layer.


This is a cedar tree leaf mask.


Then a ghost print of the same leaf.



I don't have too many stencils, so made do with objects found around the house - this is from a bath mat.


Stencil of circles - mask and ghost print - positive and negative.


Bubble wrap.


I'm not too fond of these next two.  Maybe because the fabric is white???   I think I'm going to overdye each one.




I ran out of pre-cut fabric, so started using watercolour paper.  The process is fast and I couldn't find enough flat spaces to lay the pieces to dry, so had to stop, but am looking forward to printing again when space permits.








No comments:

Post a Comment