Tuesday 15 July 2014

USE THE FORCE, LUKE

I volunteered to make a quilt for a baby shower that my sister's theatre group was holding for a couple of their long-time members.  Except that baby boy Luke was born in May and his parents were actors in community theatre, I didn't know anything else about them, so what type/style of quilt to make?

I had only a few days to complete the project so a modern quilts, using just a few large pieces of fabric, did the trick.  I chose blues for a boy (call me sexist).  To me, the name Luke is reminiscent of Starwars, so I borrowed the Star Jedi font for the name LUKE and the label on the back of the quilt entitled Use The Force, Luke.  



The name was adhered using Steam-A-Seam 2 and raw-edge machine appliqué.  The piece was machine quilted in vertical lines.  A sleeve was added to the back for hanging  instead of using it in a crib.

  

1 comment: