Thursday 22 May 2014

CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME?

I quilt a lot.  Not just a little - A LOT.  Sometimes I'm obsessed.  Ok, I'm obsessed all the time.  When one is obsessed, one accumulates lots of quilts.  During a recent art group meeting we were asked "what do you do with all of your art (quilts in my case)?".  The answer - start to give it away.  There are many charities out there looking for donations of any kind.  

The Halton Hills Quilters' Guild has a Community Outreach program.  As a member of this guild, I can contribute to the cause if I wish.  This is a perfect opportunity for me to donate some of my quilts.  

Three fat quarters of fabric turned into this . . . .  The square-in-a-square pattern was quick and easy, but in the end it was just too traditional for me.  I had to add something else.  I don't like to add too many embellishments if the quilts is to be given away, so I added a simple appliquéd stylized flower.  Now it's ready for a new home.






1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful Judy! I love the idea of the simple flower to give it that little extra.

    ReplyDelete