Sunday 8 December 2013

WOODSY HANGERS

I have a small Christmas tree that is decorated in a "woodsy" theme.  This year I spruced it up by adding some hand-made pillow ornaments.  

You too could make these - all you need is some free clip art, muslin fabric, Lesley Riley's Transfer Artist Paper, iron, twine (I used garden twine and since I don't garden I have plenty), stuffing and thread.  Print the images onto the Transfer Paper.  Transfer the images to muslin, using a hot iron.  Cut out each design and match it to a plain piece of muslin.  Before stitching around the outside to form the tiny pillow, place the twine inside to form a hanger.  Stitch around the perimeter of the pillow, leaving a small opening for turning.   Turn the piece right sides out, stuff with polyester fibre and whip stitch the opening closed.







No comments:

Post a Comment