Thursday 4 July 2013

FABRIC FABRIC EVERYWHERE

I spend most Saturday's with my sister - shopping, going to a play or movie, visiting friends, taking in an art class, walking the local farmers' market or attending quilt shows.  This past Saturday, we planned to go to Bloor-West Village and pick up a thing or two at Bizzy Bee.  Now, I'm not really into scrap-booking our journaling, but I do enjoy looking at them, so why not tag along?  I picked up my sister as usual, but she drives all the time (I'm directionally challenged).  I know that Bizzy Bee is to the east of us, but my sister headed out going north.   Hey, where's she going???  Surprise, surprise.  We ended up at the Hobby Horse Quilt Shoppe - one of my favourite stores.  My sister had heard that there was a big batting sale going on and we were going to get in on the deal - and so we did.  


Ok, great deal, but where to store it????


Not only did we pick up batting, we picked up many fabrics.  Here, they have just been washed and dried - now ready to be pressed (ok, maybe not pressed, but at least folded).
The blacks were purchased to back a traditional Chinese Lantern quilt.  The white fabric is for dyeing.  The blue was for my sister's retreat, and the orange just spoke to me (I have no idea what to do with it, but I loved it).  If you love it, it's too late.  I took it all.


No comments:

Post a Comment