Monday 3 June 2013

TRADITIONAL PATCHWORK PILLOWS

I love traditional patchwork, but I love fibre art too, so it's difficult to find the time to explore both.  I started a bit of a tidy-up of my studio and came across some old pieces of already machine-quilted blocks, just crying out to be completed.  The blocks were cut to similar size, then I scrounged around in my mother's (now mine) old zipper box and found a couple zippers of the right length.  I added a zipper to one side of two blocks, folded the blocks right sides together, and stitched around the other sides.  I then stuffed them with pillow forms and now have some lovely pillows.  I think that I'll save them for the Halton Hills Quilt Show in October, where they can be sold in the Member's Boutique.







Then again, they do look great on my entry-way bench.





No comments:

Post a Comment