Tuesday 28 August 2012

I was having difficulty with my sewing machine while free-motion quilting.  I sandwiched a couple layers of white cotton fabric and Hobbs batting, threaded my machine with black thread and began stitching whatever path I chose.  I meandered all over, sometimes drawing and sometimes writing, all with stitch.  Eventually the machine tension was corrected and I ended up with a neat black and white piece. I thought it looked pretty neat, but then gave it to my sister to add a little colour.  Wow, what a difference a few colourful fabric markers make.


This one was just playing around with shapes using a black Sharpie pen on white fabric.  Some colour was added, and voila!


Now, what do do with them.  Any ideas????

3 comments:

  1. Time to start using all those beads you got last month! That and hand stitching...

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Judy!! I'm so glad you've started blogging. I have to agree with Linda...beads...beads & more beads. lol. It's beautiful as is and really doesn't need anything. Beads would just take it over the top...but I'm a little bead crazy. Oh...what about dimentional paint to accent some of the areas? Or some glitter. Yep, I love sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the results already. I think adding some beads as your friend Linda suggests is a great idea. 3 d embellishment would really add to it.

    ReplyDelete